The Double Treble Clef. A Symbol. A Logo. A Connection.
The Sweet Adelines International logo has a 70-year history of symbolizing sisterhood, barbershop harmony, and the joy of singing all over the world. As an organization, we are passionate to protect this visual trademark and to safeguard the legalities of the logo in its use on products worldwide. The following elements provide the specifics of the logo use. Information contained herein should be considered a guide and not a comprehensive or exhaustive of the legal components of the trademark. Sweet Adelines International reserves the right to deny use of any or all trademarks.
- The "double treble clef" logo is the official corporate insignia of Sweet Adelines International. This is the exclusive insignia to be used to represent the organization.
- The name "Sweet Adelines International" and its insignia are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Sweet Adelines International’s logo licensing policy is currently under revision. At this time, we are not accepting logo licensing applications. Members of Sweet Adelines International will receive notification when the new logo licensing policy is in effect. The anticipated timeline is summer of 2017. Thank you for your patience!
Want to design items? Submit A Request
- Design of specialty items that are to be sold, and which use any of the organization's trademarked properties, must be submitted in advance to the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator.
- Final approval of the trademark request must be granted by the Chief Executive Officer before proceeding with production.
- For all official written communication, the official designated colors for the use of the double treble clef symbol on stationery and other corporate items are Pantone #285 (blue) or black.
- The words "Sweet Adelines International" should appear in black.
- The symbol and type may be reversed to white for use on dark backgrounds.
- On chapter stationery, the logo will be in the official designated colors for the double treble clef symbol.
- Both the words and symbol may be printed in black on stationery.
- At no time should both the symbol and words be printed on stationery or other written communication in blue.
When it is used on articles other than official printed material, the exact symbol must be used without modification of any kind and may appear in any solid color on any solid background. Sequins and metallic are considered solid when all one color.
When used on jewelry items, the logo may be gold or silver and stones may be any solid color.
The typeface for "Sweet Adelines International" is Times Roman, and the style is large and small capital letters as shown.
- When used in conjunction with the double treble clef symbol, the words should appear in this typeface and style, stacked on two lines and centered under the symbol whenever possible, as shown above.
- When the corporation's name "Sweet Adelines International" or "Sweet Adelines" is used without one of the insignia, it should not appear in script typeface, and the design should not resemble the "split note" logo.
Maintaining Integrity of Treble Clef
- The double treble clef symbol shall not be modified or integrated with another symbol.
- If a Sweet Adelines International member, quartet, chorus, region or area wishes to use on its stationery or other items the double treble clef symbol or logo, as well as its own quartet, chorus, regional or area symbol, the two insignia should be separated by sufficient space so they do not appear to be a composite symbol.
“Harmonize the World” Logo
- Members may also use the "Harmonize the World" logo, but permission must be obtained from the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator at International Headquarters if the items will be offered for sale.
Requesting Permission To Use Insignia
- When a chapter, quartet, region or area desires to sell an item personalized with "Sweet Adelines International" (or one of the official insignia), permission must be requested from the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator at International Headquarters.
- Items may only be created for fundraising purposes and no outside vendor may produce product without an active logo licensing agreement obtained by a Sweet Adelines chapter, quartet, region or area.
- Each agreement is active for approximately 1 year.
- Please use the directions below to obtain appropriate permission:
Steps to Request Permission
- Create a request, including the following information:
- An actual sample (if items remain under previous agreement) or commercial artist's completed sketch
Do not produce new product until logo licensing application has been approved and logo licensing agreement has been signed.
- The use for which the item is intended
- The quantity of the item planned to be purchased and sold
- The sale price and purchase price
- Promotional plans
- Click here to download a logo licensing application.
Send completed logo licensing application to Lauren Stark.
Steps to Pay Royalty Fee
- Per policy, a $50 trademark fee will be paid to Sweet Adelines International per product item sold, per year. (For example, if selling t-shirts, $50 fee. If selling t-shirts and hats $100 fee).
If the product is altered, a new logo licensing application must be submitted.
Click here to download a logo licensing payment form.
Please send logo licensing payment form to Lauren Stark or call 918-622-1444 to pay over phone.
Steps to Re-order Previously Approved Sales Items
- In the event you plan to reorder a previously approved sales item, permission must be requested again as it is possible that circumstances regarding the item may have changed to the point that permission can no longer be granted.
Send Requests to:
Marketing & PR Coordinator
Sweet Adelines International
9110 South Toledo Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74137
Note: Permission for a sales item may be granted provided that the item is not considered competitive with items sold by the international sales department and provided that the quality of the item reflects the desired image of the international organization.