Sweet Adelines 2019 International Education Symposium
Travel to Manchester, UK and immerse yourself in the wonderful world of barbershop with some of the best Sweet Adelines instructors, such as Sandy Marron, Judy Pozsgay, Paula Davis, Lynda Keever, Lori Lyford, 2019 Quartet Champion, ClassRing and the dynamic Deke Sharon will be on hand teaching classes, too!
All this barbershop learning, socializing and singing will be taking place in Manchester, UK–a city rich in history and vitality. You will want to plan a few extra days to explore this city, dubbed the "UK's Music Capital."
Hosted by Sweet Adelines Region 31 Quartet of Nations
Co-Chairs: Paula Davis, Alyson Chaney and Elaine Hamilton
Event registration is now closed. We look forward to seeing you in Manchester!
- Are you registered for IES? Login to the Delegate Portal to access information exclusive to IES 2019 delegates.
|Delegate Login||Housing||Classes||Manchester, UK|
|Schedule of Events||Transportation||Faculty||Rising Star|
Notes Before You Go
The IES Notes Before You Go includes links to all things IES!
- Download or bookmark the IES Notes Before You Go to your computer, mobile device or tablet.
On-site Event Check-In Information
Registration will begin at 16:00 (4 p.m. BST) on Thursday, July 25 at the Mercure Hotel in the Level 3 International Suite Foyer, located at Portland Street, M1 4PH, Manchester, UK. (The International Suite is the location of the Gala dinner that evening).
- To avoid long lines at the registration area, pick up your registration at the Mercure Hotel before checking into your hotel.
- If you choose to come to the Mercure for dinner and pick up your registration at that time, be sure to allow plenty of time before the start of the drinks reception. The registration area could be very busy!
If you are not arriving until Friday, there will be registration area at the main entrance of the RNCM.
- Again, please leave enough time to register and arrive before classes begin. You don't want to miss a thing!
- David Pelham, from Helmes Briscoe (the agency that has arranged Sweet Adelines preferential hotel rates) will be at the registration area on Friday to answer inquiries about your hotel accommodations.
You will receive a lanyard, name badge, meal card, and drink ticket when you pick up your registration.
- Please wear your lanyard and name badge at all times during IES.
Lunch and Dinner meals, other than the Gala Dinner, will be served in the café area in the RNCM building on the ground level. As part of our green initiative, the RNCM has recyclable cups, so please try and hold on to these and re-use as much as possible or bring your own reusable bottle. Water will be available at specific points around the building.
At meal times please be considerate and if you are finished eating, please give up your seat to those who have not yet eaten. Faculty, SA staff and Region 31 RMT should be permitted to "jump the queue" as they very likely will have other commitments after meals. Similarly, please allow those with special dietary needs to go first and do not take the vegan, vegetarian, gluten free etc., option unless you are in that category! When there are two sittings for dinner, please keep to your allocated time for eating to assist the catering staff. There should be plenty of serving stations for tea/coffee at break times. **If you are not in a Symposium Chorus, you may attend the dinner time of your choosing!
ADA Needs and Scooter Rental
All classes and breakouts will take place in the Royal Northern College of Music building, which is ADA accessible.
Scooter rentals are available through Shopmobility Manchester.
- To reserve your scooter, please call +44(0)161-791-1494.
- Provide details on your height and weight to ensure the correct scooter is provided for you.
- Scooters are required to be picked up and dropped off at the Shopmobility store (about 1 mile from the venue).
If you have a medical emergency while at the RNCM, please let one of the venue staff, RMT, or Sweet Adelines International staff know as soon as possible so we may be able to assist you.
Please learn the Symposium song "Celebration" in good time. It will be sung often, particularly in the "Sing Your Part Smart" classes and the Symposium choruses. If you did not download the seminar song and music parts during registration, please visit the delegate portal website.
- You will need to log in with the username and password used during registration.
- Troubling logging in? Please click here to reset your password.
Digital Program & Handouts
The IES Program and handouts will not be provided via hard copy. The handouts are now available on the delegate portal right along with the seminar song. The digital program will be available soon! You may either print out the program/handouts for your class selections at home or bookmark the webpage link on a tablet or laptop to access the class materials during IES.
- Please log in to the delegate portal to view class handouts and seminar song (digital program coming soon!).
**If you are participating in Sandy Marron’s "Customizing Lyrics & Music" class, please bring a piece of music with you to work on during the class.
RNCM Public WiFi
The RNCM has free public WiFi throughout the building. The network is called "The Cloud" and anyone can connect while attending the event. You will need to set up a simple login when you first connect to the network.
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Applications
Members of Sweet Adelines International may request Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for participation in internationally sponsored seminars, workshops and conventions. CEUs benefit teachers and other professionals who must earn continuing education credit for re-certification. All CEUs are processed by the University of Central Oklahoma, USA, through Sweet Adelines International's Education Department. CEU applications accepted via email only.
Your time and feedback are very important to us! We invite all attendees to submit event and faculty evaluation forms (via google survey links below) by Friday, August 30, 2019.
If you experience any problems or have questions about the survey, please contact the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweet Adelines International