Sing, Record, Submit — WIN!
Learn, perform and receive international recognition by participating in Sweet Adelines' seventh annual video contest for young womens' choruses.
- Contest entry opens on January 14, 2019 and closes on June 1, 2019.
- Contest entry form coming December 2018.
Prizes are awarded by the Young Singers Foundation (YSF), an official charity of Sweet Adelines International.
- Download the YWIH Video Chorus Contest Rules and Regulations
- Sing two songs or medleys in four-part a cappella music, arranged in the barbershop style.
- Performance must have occured between July 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019.
- Song 1 and Song 2 must be performed and recorded in real time.
- Chorus singers must all be 25 years of age or younger.
- Choruses must have a minimum of 15 singing members on stage with all four voice parts represented.
Video Submission Guidelines:
- Performance must be recorded in real time with no post-production editing.
- Video must be recorded in landscape format.
- Video recordings only accepted in .mp4 file format.
- When saving your .mp4 file, please include your chorus name in the file title.
- Upload your .mp4 file to DropBox, create a download link, and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New to Dropbox? Step-by-step instructions (with screenshots) coming soon!
Permission to Publish Performance Recording:
Any competitor interested in posting their YWIH Video Chorus competition performance on YouTube, social media or their website must have Sweet Adelines International’s written permission before posting and sharing. Please complete this survey for permission.
Youth Chorus Directors:
We encourage you to showcase your talents for a chance to win the 2019 Video Chorus Contest! All Youth Chorus Directors are eligible to compete.
2018 YWIH Video Chorus Contest Results:
Chandler H.S. Treblemakers
Auckland, New Zealand
West Lafayette, Indiana