Potential applicants for the IJP should be experienced Sweet Adelines International members. Following are examples of the criteria used by the Judge Specialists and EDC in reviewing potential applicants.
A potential applicant should meet:
1. At least four years membership in Sweet Adelines International
2. Responsible musical position at regional and/or chapter level
3. Attendance at regional and/or International competitions
4. Participation in chorus and/or quartet competitions
5. Attendance at regional and/or International music schools
6. Writing skills
All candidates should have basic musicianship skills and an ear for accuracy and barbershop harmony. While experience in Sweet Adelines competitions is necessary, musical experience outside the organization is also an asset, such as vocal/choral experience, instrumental or musical production experience and a degree in music.