Once a Sweet Adeline, you’ll find the membership benefits innumerable. Many benefits are priceless – such as meeting friends who will end up being your sisters for a lifetime.
But for the dozens of other benefits you can touch and see, here’s a sampling of what you will receive!
Community and Opportunity
- Fun, social activities and a supportive community of friends
- Official Sweet Adelines International membership ID card
- Exciting opportunities to sing and entertain within your community and compete with the most talented barbershop singers in the world
- Digital mastering of audio and video productions
- Music publishing services with hundreds of barbershop arrangements in print
- New music, approximately 10 arrangements a year, available in single-copy sheet music
- New folios, also include learning media
- Easy, medium and hard competition material, potential for three more folios of 8 to 10 arrangements in the near future
- "Arrangers Home Study Guide" and "Arranging Concepts and Tool"
- Distribution of CDs and DVDs for entertainment and education
- Member discounts on special music arrangements by internationally recognized arrangers
Quality member education in the areas of:
- Vocal production
- Stage direction
- Stage makeup
- Chorus management
- Membership growth and retention
- Personal growth and leadership
Training and certification programs in the areas of:
- International Faculty, provides a high-quality curriculum at international events
- International Judging, assures members that contest adjudicators are qualified and produce work that is consistent with the standards set by the organization
- International Music Arrangers, provides a source of new music arrangements within the organization
- Director Certification Program, designed to provide training and skill development to Sweet Adelines chorus directors and potential directors
- Director Mentor Program, facilitates a pool of successful directors to mentor new or lower-achieving directors
- Young Women in Harmony Program, acquaints young female singers with the barbershop style and provides music educators with free educational materials and music for junior high, high school and college-age singers
- International Convention and Competition
- International Quartet Competition
- International Chorus Competition
- Harmony Classic (small- and mid-size) Chorus Competition
- Rising Star Quartet Contest
- City tours created exclusively for attendees
- Harmony Bazaar shopping area
- Young Women in Harmony Festival
- Music Education class with the reigning International Champion Chorus
- Family chorus participation and performance
- Regional management team forums and reception
- Coronet Club Show
- Contests in quartet and chorus singing at regional levels
- Educational event planning for program participants and general members
- A Cappella Harmony Academy
- The Pitch Pipe, a quarterly printed and digital magazine
- Chapter development aids
- Real Guide to Growth handbook
- "Chapter Guide"
- "Policy Book"
- "Steps Toward Chartering Booklets"
- Member Handbook
- Competition and performance guides
- Competition Handbook
- "Performance Level Guidelines"
- "Guidelines for Regional Conventions"
- Quartet Handbook
- "Judging Category Description Book"
- "On With the Show ... A Show Manual"
- "Rising Star Guidelines"
- Young Women in Harmony assistance:
- "Guide for Chapters"
- "Educator's Guide"
- Regional Management Team resources
- "Guide for Regional Standing Rules"
- Regional Management Team Handbook
- Program member specialty training
- "Arranger's Home Study Guide and Arranging Concepts and Tools"
- "Director's Resource Materials"
- Forward Motion
- International Beat
- Rising Star
- Access to the international sales department, an educationally focused inventory of products and materials, including exciting and fun novelty items
- Member recognition awards online store
- Member discounts on sheet music, CDs, DVDs, books, brochures and merchandise
- International Headquarters building in Tulsa, Okla.
- Professional staff administering finance, communications, conventions, sales, corporate services, education, membership, music services and information technology
- Phone support provided personally to members, Monday – Friday
- Young Singers Foundation offers scholarships for vocal music students and grants for community vocal music programs and activities
- The Overtone Society gives members the opportunity to financially support their love of Sweet Adelines International
- Young Women in Harmony allows members to contribute to provide complimentary music and educational materials for music educators and schools
- International website
- Competition audio/video clips
- International convention webcast
- Promotional video clips
- Chapter directory
- Arranger search
- International sales store
- Document center
- International convention and events information
- Young Singers Foundation website
- Young Women in Harmony
- Press room
- Competition results
- Prospective member information
- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Cafepress, Flickr and LinkedIn
Members Only Web Portal
- Marketing center
- Education center
- Chapter member reports
- Regional membership reports
- Quartet search and registration
- Member profile
- Event registrations
- Archived Webinars
- Digital issues of The Pitch Pipe