Get ready for a quartetting adventure!
This year, New Orleans will host one of the most fun parades in the world! No, not Mardi Gras. The first-ever Sweet Adelines International Harmony Parade kicks off in New Orleans on Monday, Sept. 16, 2019! Harmony Parade is an afternoon of ever-changing pick-up quartets made up of singers from all over the Sweet Adelines world!
Here’s how it works…
Singers who are able to sing their part alone in a quartet are invited to participate.
|The event will be facilitated by Education Direction Committee members Corinna Garriock, tenor of the 2012 International Champion Quartet Martini and Certified Music Judge and Mary Rhea, director of OK City Chorus, baritone of 2010 International Champion Quartet, Zing! and Certified Sound Judge.|
Singers will spend the afternoon singing in as many quartet combinations as possible.
- Participants must learn the two designated songs (totally off paper) prior to arrival at International Convention.
- Singers will choose three other people to sing with then repeat the process until all possibilities are exhausted.
- At the end of the afternoon, quartets assigned by random drawing will prepare a song to perform for the other Harmony Parade participants.
When & Where?
Monday, Sept. 16, from 1–4:30 p.m. as part of the International Education classes.
- Sheraton New Orleans, Napoleon Ballroom D2 & D3
Updated July 25: With a total of 30 quartets, event registration is now closed!
- Required sheet music can be found at the SA online shop.
- Song #1: Straighten Up and Fly Right (stock #MS5346) – Mary K. Coffman
- Song #2: I’m Gonna Live ‘til I Die (Stock #MS2605) – arranger unknown
Sweet Adelines International