Notes Before You Go ... to The Big Easy!
Download the complete 2019 Notes Before you Go!
We can’t wait to see you in New Orleans!
Competition Seating Update
NEW THIS YEAR!!! The State of the Organization and Harmony Classic are 100% open seating on Tuesday night. Arrive early to get that front row seat and hear organization updates from International President Patty Cobb Baker and cheer on the Division A and AA Harmony Classic competitors.
During the semi-finals, although there is “technically” assigned seating, move up close and let the quartets and choruses see your faces and hear your cheers. Sure, someone may come to claim their seat...just move over to another empty seat and keep enjoying two full days of best barbershop performances.
Traffic Pattern Rule Involving Coaches, Family and Friends
Please remember, no non-competitors are allowed on the competitor buses or in the traffic pattern. This includes coaches, friends and family. Thank you for your cooperation.
Bag Check Reminder
The Smoothie King Center requires all bags to be checked before entering the venue. Please allow extra time for the routine bag check each day prior to entering the competition venue. Backpacks and luggage are NOT allowed. Personal, reusable beverage containers or bottles of water will be permitted. No beverage may conflict with the New Orleans Pelicans beverage sponsor who has been granted exclusive rights (eg: Coca-Cola brands including Dasani® are allowed.)
What to Bring to The Big Easy
- Layers of clothing for fluctuating temperatures (inside the arena and outside)
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain jacket
- Walking shoes
- ... and a song in your heart!
- Walk with confidence.
- Do not walk alone, especially at night.
- Take a taxi, Uber or Lyft instead of walking down unfamiliar streets.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings. Plan your route before you leave.
- Remove your name badge when leaving your hotel or Smoothie King Center.
- Consider keeping your cash separate from your credit cards and ID. Leave all unnecessary credit cards at home.
- Never leave your purse or valuables unattended.
- Always lock cash, checks, credit cards, jewelry, electronics and other valuables your hotel safe.
In September, New Orleans temperatures are between 80–90° F (27–32° C) during the day, and 70–80° F (21–27° C) at night.
- View the ten-day weather forecast.
New Orleans is located in Central Time Zone (CST).