2018 Election of International Board of Directors
In January of each year, Chapter Presidents/Team Coordinators are sent information on choosing potential nominees for the International Board of Directors. Chapters are encouraged to look at the leaders in their chorus, region, and the Sweet Adelines world with an eye toward their potential as members of the International Board. The nomination and slate selection process is described in the Policy Book, Section V, Divisions A-C and in the Chapter Guide, Section XI.
The IDEAL potential nominee’s qualifications should include the following:
• The ability to think strategically, analytically, critically and creatively
• The ability to effectively express thoughts and the reasons for them, via both verbal and written communication
• Positive, objective attitude
• The ability to work well on her own and with others as a member of a collaborative group with group decision-making authority and an understanding of the fiduciary duties of loyalty, care, and obedience to the mission and policies of Sweet Adelines International
• Good listening skills
• Knowledge of and ability to use available resources
• Computer skills, with ability to communicate electronically
• Possession of earned respect of other key stakeholder group members (for example, International Board of Directors, Regional Leaders, committee/task force chairs, etc.)
• Demonstrates an understanding of the difference between “oversight” and “supervision”
• Vision and long-range planning experience
• Ability to adapt easily to different environments
• Ability to relate to and interact with a variety of personality types
• Earned reputation for emotional maturity, personal integrity, confidentiality and honesty
• Training and experience in a field which could be of value to the International Board
• Experience in Sweet Adelines International as a chapter, regional or International officer, committee/task force chair or member
• A demonstrated understanding of Sweet Adelines bylaws, policy and working practices, related to both governance and the mission of Sweet Adelines International
• Thorough understanding of the mission and vision of Sweet Adelines International to define and pursue goals, and to carry out the aims of the international organization
• Will make a personal financial contribution to SA to nurture the culture of philanthropy
• Professional appearance and dress
• Availability to travel and attend the three annual meetings of the International Board of Directors
The 2018 election of International Board of Directors members for the 2019-2022 term will be conducted electronically in October and November, 2018. Each Chapter, Member-at-Large and Chapter-at-Large member will be contacted by email with instructions for voting online. If you do not receive the September 2018 email about voting (be sure to check your Spam folder), contact the Corporate Services department at International headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org). Chapters should schedule an election meeting in October or November 2018.
Eight candidates have been chosen by the Nominating Committee and biographical information provided by each candidate can be found by viewing the Nominee Flyer. Please carefully study the Nominee Flyer to acquaint yourself with the candidates and prepare yourself to vote. Four candidates will be elected for the 2019-2022 term. The four candidates are:
Thérèse Antonini, North Metro Chorus, Regions 16
Bridget Barrett, Santa Monica Chorus, Region 11
Joan Boutilier, River City Sound Chorus, Region 3
Patty Cobb Baker, Harborlites Chorus, Region 21
Jeanne d’Arc (JD) Crowe, Canadian Showtime Chorus, Region 16
Leslie Galbreath, Skyline Chorus, Region 8
Elaine Hamilton, Forth Valley Chorus, Region 31
Jennifer Harris, Harbor City Music Company Chorus & Arundelair Chorus, Region 19
Download the Nominee Flyer by clicking here.
Download the Chapter Checklist of Election Responsibilities – Chapter Balloting Information by clicking here.
Download Frequently Asked Questions – Board Election by clicking here.
Each Chapter, Member-at-Large and Chapter-at-Large member is responsible for online voting by the deadline date. Voting will close at 3:00 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
Questions or comments about the election for International Board of Directors should be directed to the Corporate Services department at International headquarters (email@example.com).