Regional Quartet Competitor Resources
2022 regional competitions are a go! At the mid-year International Board of Directors meeting, the IBOD recognized that regional contest might have to adapt from their normal procedures due to varying restrictions and recovery rates across our regions. As such, the board approved two contest models, either live contest or video contest, with the understanding that each region would decide which of the two options would be the best fit for their members.
Since then, Regional Management Teams and Regional Competition Leaders have been working tirelessly, weighing the options against financial impacts, safety considerations, and local government restrictions. While regional competitions are moving forward, it is important to know that no chorus, quartet, or individual member is required to participate if they do not feel comfortable doing so. Further, while contests are still occurring, there will be aspects that might look different from prior years.
To find out what type of contest your region has chosen, please see the Regional Competition Detailed Protocols document below. If you are interested in competing, you can use the other resources on this page to assist you in entering your regional contest.
- 2022 Regional Competition Detailed Protocols — Event Status, COVID Protocols, Riser Details (Updated January 20, 2022)
- 2022 Regional Dates and Deadlines (Updated January 20, 2022)
Regional Competition Entry
- Online Quartet Entry
- Quartet Entry Form (Forms will not be accepted until registration opens)
- How to Register for Regional Competition Online
Regional Competitor Information
- Live Contest Competitor Packet
- Video Contest Competitor Packet
- Director FAQs for Video Recording
- Song Assessment Tool
- Video Submission Procedures
- Competition Handbook
Regional Competitor Forms
- Copyright & Licensing
- Copyright Matters
- Criteria for Public Performance
- Evaluating Your Contest Performance
- Guidelines for Preparing/Judging an Open Division Package
- Entertainment Package Level Descriptors
- Performance Level Guidelines
Permission to Post Video Recordings
By being a competitor in any 2022 Regional Competition, you have been granted permission to post the Sweet Adelines International video recording of your performance, only after your performance has been adjudicated. It is understood that you have obtained all applicable licenses and/or permissions from ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC for your chorus or quartet. Sweet Adelines International reserves the right to revoke this permission for any reason. For specifics regarding social media copyright/licensing rules and regulations, please consult these entities. We appreciate your conscientiousness regarding copyright matters.
Questions about regional competition? Please email the Competition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.