Sweet Adelines International is proud to have impacted the lives of more than 75,000 singers through our competitive scholarship and education grants programming for young women. Thanks to the generous donations of our members and community support from foundations and corporations, Sweet Adelines International has awarded more than $1.1 million to preserve the barbershop art form by investing in and propelling its future.
Scholarships and grant applications are accepted through email. Download applications below and send to email@example.com. Deadlines for each program are:
- Grant Cycle 1 – Opens March 9 and closes June 1
Supporting activities beginning no sooner than November of the following year
- Grant Cycle 2 – Opens August 1 and closes November 1
Supporting activities beginning no sooner than May of the following year
- Scholarships Cycle – Opens November 15 and closes January 25
Music education grants are available to individuals, groups, or organizations sponsoring or hosting barbershop education and performance opportunities for young women. Opportunities might include music festivals, education workshops or seminars, and/or other music education events. While young women are the primary target audience for funding and receive preference in the committee’s application scoring process, mixed harmony proposals will not be disqualified.
Education grants are not available to religious or political organizations, nor may grant funds be utilized for costs associated with the Rising Star Quartet Contest or other Sweet Adelines International competitions.
Bev Sellers Memorial Scholarships - named in honor of the beloved former International Board President’s contributions to this organization, music education and barbershop harmony - are awarded for one academic year in the amount of $5,000 each. The number of scholarships awarded is dependent on the amount of funding available, with at least one scholarship winner guaranteed by Sweet Adelines International per scholarship cycle. Financial need is not considered by the awarding committee. Download application to apply to the Bev Sellers Memorial Scholarship.
Women eligible for this scholarship will:
- Have completed at least one semester of university coursework
- Be involved in barbershop activities or have been affiliated with Sweet Adelines
- International for at least one year, OR be involved in a Sweet Adelines chorus or
- regionally sponsored young women’s barbershop events for minimum of one year
- If a member of Sweet Adelines, be in good standing with both her local chorus, her region and the
- international organization
- Intend to study music education, vocal pedagogy, or music composition at a four-year
- college or university and provide verification of enrollment
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.5
- Demonstrate in her application notable interest in her chosen field of study, as well as
- promise, success, and recognition in her field
- Provide three signed letters of reference, including a letter from her chorus president or director if she is a member of a Sweet Adelines chorus, or a letter from a Sweet Adelines coach if she is in a quartet
For more information on available grants and scholarships, or to make a gift in support of these education programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-622-1444.
Need a Fundraiser?
Sweet Adelines has partnered with Rustic Cuff to offer a fundraising program to our regions, choruses and quartets. The Rustic Cuff Fundraising Program lets organizations choose from a variety of cuff styles and then brand it with your group’s name and/or logo. It is a beautiful way to raise funds to support your passion!
Additional information can be found at www.RusticCuffFundraisers.com.