Potential Applicants for the International Judging Program (IJP)
Potential applicants for the International Judging Program (IJP) should be experienced Sweet Adelines International members. All candidates should have basic musicianship skills and an ear for accuracy and barbershop harmony. While experience in Sweet Adelines competitions is necessary, musical experience outside the organization is also an asset, such as vocal/choral experience, instrumental or musical production experience and a degree in music.
View the IJP Basic Requirements for program admittance procedures and steps for advancement.
Following are examples of the criteria used by the Judge Specialists and Education Direction Committee (EDC) in reviewing potential applicants:
1. At least four years membership in Sweet Adelines International
2. Responsible musical position at regional and/or chapter level
3. Attendance at regional and/or International competitions
4. Participation in chorus and/or quartet competitions
5. Attendance at regional and/or International music schools
6. Writing skills
A Judge's Journey to "The Pit" by Paula Davis, Certified Expression Judge and Expression Judge Specialist
If you have any questions regarding the IJP, please contact SA Judges and Competitions Coordinator, Emily Mock.